Join our Comfort Measures for Birth class and learn about your options and how to practice techniques to manage labor and birth more comfortably.
This class is ideal for expecting parents, those needing a refresher in labor coping skills, or couples wanting to expand their knowledge of comfort measures for labor and birth.
During this two-hour session, you will learn:
- Relaxation/meditation practice
- Breathing techniques
- Positions for effective laboring and birthing
- Use of birth ball, rebozo and other tools
- Massage, counter-pressure, and acupressure
- Hands-on comfort measures
- Managing back pain
- Visualization, vocalizing, and movement
When registering, please use expecting mother’s name and information.
Please bring to class:
- 75 cm exercise/yoga ball
- Two bed pillows
- A mat or towel for breathing and relaxation practice