Blissful Banana Muffins
August 17, 2022
Go bananas with this healthy muffin recipe that's easy to make using three ripe bananas and a few everyday ingredients hidden in your pantry. Benefits include low sugar, naturally gluten-free, and just over 100 calories each. We think this is the perfect after-school snack!
- Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Healthy Snacks, Kid-Friendly
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 12
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or oil
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Optional: 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line 15 standard size muffins cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add brown sugar, oil, and eggs.
- Add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts if desired.
- Fill prepared muffin cups halfway with batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm. Or let the muffins cool to room temperature, then store in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Saturated Fat: 1g
Vitamin A: 105IU
Vitamin C: 3.4mg