Grilled Lemon Salmon Kebabs
June 19, 2019
Salmon is a highly nutritious fish loaded with heart-healthy fats – a 3-ounce portion of salmon, depending on the variety, contains between 700 – 1,800 milligrams of omega-3 fatty acid.
Research indicates diets rich in omega-3 fatty acids can reduce inflammation and decrease your risk of heart disease. Because salmon can be a strong flavor, lemon helps balance and bring a light citrus taste. In contrast, dill adds a slightly green, fresh note to this entrée.
This simple, flavorful dish – ready in just 20 minutes, will be a weeknight staple. So, if you’re looking for a quick and healthy meal, try this grilled lemon salmon kebabs recipe.
Grilled Lemony Salmon Kebabs
- Course: Dinner, Guilt-Free, Heart Health
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound salmon fillets preferably wild, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 lemons sliced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs Torn fresh dill for garnish
- Heat grill to high. Skewer salmon and lemon slices, then brush with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers until salmon is cooked through, turning once, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Garnish with dill and serve.
- Note: To prevent wooden or bamboo skewers from burning, soak them in warm water for 10 to 30 minutes prior to threading and grilling.
Hospital food gets a bad rap and maybe it’s deserved. However, at Renown Health we strive to serve patients, visitors and staff meals that are both nutritious and delicious. In this video and blog post, Renown Health President and CEO,...Read More