Provides strategic planning and guidance for facility enhancements, overseeing day-to-day operations and ensuring the long-term resilience of facilities engineering systems and structures.
• Directs financial planning and cost containment efforts within Facilities and clinical engineering.
• Maintains accountability for all Renown Acute Care property, plant, and equipment related to facilities engineering at assigned service locations.
• Demonstrates a Servant Leadership mentality.
• Develops, implements, and monitors key performance indicators and performance improvement programs for Facilities and Clinical Engineering.
• Maintains and exceeds quality metrics and benchmarks for internal and external operations and customers.
• Applies Due Diligence to all Renown Acute Care property, whether purchased or leased, ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and rules.
• Acts as an educational resource and is available for consultation to administrative staff as needed.
• Implements and ensures compliance with standards, best practices, and policies and procedures related to Facilities Engineering, physical plant operations, energy management, buildings and grounds maintenance, infection control, purchased services, and supply management.
• Manages site-specific Facilities Engineering budgets and oversees budget compilation and compliance.
• Directs Acute Care and Hospital Outpatient Departments Engineering, physical plant, grounds, and contracted services staff, managing staffing levels, shift assignments, and fostering a culture of educational and personal growth.
• Serves as a member of Joint Commission, Emergency Preparedness, and Safety Committees/Team, providing Facilities Engineering representation and ensuring continuous function and services preparation for events.
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory codes (Joint Commission, OSHA, ASHRAE, NEC, etc.). Maintains Facilities Engineering component of Joint Commission Statement of Conditions for each facility under purview.
• Integrates local operations with all departments within the Facility Support Services Division in support of system-wide operations and objectives.
• Manages individual Facilities Engineering capital projects from budgeting to occupancy, including proforma analysis, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents/specifications, contracting, construction, and occupancy.
• Maintains safety standards and ensures a safe work environment.
Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology Life Cycle Management:
• Develops and achieves goals for Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology in alignment with the organization's strategic plan.
• Responsible for the ongoing development and maintenance of a comprehensive Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology inventory.
• Establishes standards for Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Leads and participates in enterprise-wide strategic planning related to Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Manages outsourced vendor contracts and warranties for Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology. • Oversees the array of Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology.
• Manages individual Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology capital projects through all phases of development.
• Tracks, reports on, and manages Medical Equipment/Clinical Technology usage throughout the system.
• Tracks, reports, and manages operating and service costs associated with Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology across the system.
• Manages Medical Equipment and Clinical Technology repair part inventory to ensure maximum equipment uptime at the lowest cost.
• Collaborates with the Materials Management group in vendor and supplier contract negotiations.
• Provides management of equipment performance and service vendors to maintain the highest standards of patient care, expediting solutions when needed.
• Oversees the operations of the Clinical Engineering department, ensuring compliance with standards, best practices, and policies and procedures for Clinical Engineering and Clinical Technology Management.
• Ensures compliance with all regulations and guidelines from applicable accrediting bodies (CMS, The Joint Commission, OSHA, NFPA, etc.).
• Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
This position does not provide patient care.