Seeking Those Currently Enrolled in a Pre-Licensure RN Program
Local northern Nevada students are eligible to apply for Renown Health’s Nurse Apprentice program in their final semester of nursing school.
The program offers students the opportunity to practice their clinical skills and acclimates to the role of a licensed nurse. Students are eligible to interview with two modules: medical/surgical, progressive care, critical care and specialty units.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, the nurse apprentice provides optimal patient care through data collection and contributing to the planning and implementation of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients and families within the Apprentice II scope of practice.
Students must complete the application and interview process during the allotted recruitment dates. The apprenticeship is a paid internship in a per diem status at a flat rate of $15/hour. Therefore, this program does not qualify for any shift differential.
- The apprentice program is only offered twice per year.
- Recruitment schedules a presentation with the students that are eligible for the program
one to two months before the final semester begins.
- Application dates and deadlines will be provided by Renown recruitment.
- Applications must be submitted during the dates given to be considered for the program.
- If you attend a six-semester nursing school you must apply before your fifth semester of
Duration: 5-8 months. Students must be in their final semester of nursing school.
Requirements: The program is seeking those that are currently enrolled in a pre-licensure RN program. They must have successfully completed their first year of a RN program and the clinical skills checklist. AHA BLS certification is required upon start.