Virtual Visits – Healthcare You Need At Home
April 13, 2020
Virtual visits are basically secure, video conferencing visits with your health provider. Of course if you are sick, you want to avoid going outside of your house. With Renown Health’s virtual visit program, you can now see a provider from the comfort of your own home. As we work to keep all of our patients home and healthy, we’re here for any ongoing healthcare needs you have.
There are two easy ways to access a virtual visit with Renown Health.
- If you need an urgent care visit, you can get in line using your MyChart account
- You can make a virtual visit with some Renown Health providers you see currently
Virtual Urgent Care from a Renown Provider
By using MyChart, you can now login and request to “Talk to a Doctor.” After filling in some information and confirming your healthcare concern, you will be put into a virtual line. The healthcare team will notify you by text or email when a provider is ready to talk to you virtually.
Virtual urgent care visits are available for all ages.
Get To Know MyChart
Virtual urgent care visits are available for all ages, and can address:
- Common cold and cough symptoms
- Muscular, tendon or joint pains not caused by injury
- Allergy or sinus symptoms
- Pink eye
- Urinary discomfort
- Diarrhea without vomiting
- Rashes or skin sores
- Nail problems
- Screening examination for sexually transmitted illness (without symptoms)
- Medication refills (not controlled substances)
Symptoms for In-Person Urgent Care Visits
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Abdominal pain
- Numbness or weakness of any location that is new
- Traumatic injuries (including eye injuries or something in the eye)
- Severe pain of any other body location
- Dizziness or confusion
- Bleeding from any location
- High fever (greater than 102 degrees for all ages)
- Persistent vomiting
- Loss of vision
- Ear pain
- Substance abuse or psychiatric problems
Virtual visits are open 9 a.m. through 6 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday for Nevada residents.
Renown Provider Virtual Visits
Many primary and specialty care appointments for adults and children are now available virtually. If you have a provider with Renown Medical Group, call 775-982-5000 to see if you can have a virtual appointment from the comfort of your home.
Can you really avoid colds, flu and viruses with simple hand-washing? Amy McCombs, Renown’s director of Infection Prevention, shares how to stay healthy with this very simple practice.
Shaking hands, turning doorknobs, drafting emails