Download, share or print these visual guides (PDF)
Q: What can I do to avoid getting COVID-19?
A: As this situation continues to evolve, please stay informed about the changing advisories, restrictions or guidelines provided by local, state and federal authorities. Visit washoecounty.us/covid-19 for updates related to Washoe County. You can personally adopt several behaviors as recommended by the CDC:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your face, including nose, eyes and mouth, with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you couch or sneeze. Throw the tissue away, and then wash your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently-touched objects and surfaces.
- Practice physical distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other people.
Q: What should I do to keep my family and others safe if I am sick?
A: If you have symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath, please help prevent the spread to others:
- Stay at home when you are sick. Do not travel or go to work. Leave the house only if you are seeking medical care.
- If you have symptoms related to COVID-19, you should contact your healthcare provider and remain at home for 14 days.
- Maintain social distancing from others in your household. If possible, stay in a specific room and use a separate bathroom. Avoid handling pets.
Q: What screening is in place to ensure the safety of Renown’s employees and patients?
A: Patients with scheduled appointments at Renown are being pre-screened with a series of questions before entering one of our locations. In addition, all people entering a Renown location must bring and wear a face mask. Homemade masks, surgical masks or N95s (typically worn by healthcare workers) are approved masks. Our employees have been asked not to travel outside of the area, and those who are able are working from home. Employees who continue to serve the community by coming to a Renown location are asked a series of screening questions before their shift begins.
Q: What kind of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) are Renown employees using?
A: Renown Health continues to safely screen, diagnose and care for all patients, including those with respiratory illness and coronavirus (COVID-19). This includes providing our staff with the proper Personal Protective Equipment based on the most current clinical standards and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.