The health and safety of our patients, families and staff members is our top priority. For more information on how to check in, call call 775-982-4100.
If you are visiting a patient in the hospital, please visit them as they request and between the hours of:
- Renown Children's Hospital: Open access. (Two parents and/or guardians may be designated as patient supporters, due to current space constraints, we ask that you visit one at a time).
- Renown Regional Medical Center and South Meadows Medical Center: 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Renown Rehabilitation Hospital: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Patient Supporter Guidelines
To help us safeguard the health and wellness of our patients, care team, and community, we ask the following of our patient supporters and visitors:
- All people entering Renown sites must bring and wear a face mask.
- Check in through a designated entrance where you will be screened for illness including having your temperature taken via an infrared thermometer that scans your forehead. With clearance, you will be provided a color-coded wristband or an identification badge.
- Practice six-foot physical distancing at all times. Visual reminders are in place in public reception areas, elevators, shops and cafeterias
- Before or at the beginning of the visit or hospital stay, discuss with your loved one how much you should be involved in the updates with his/her hospital health care providers. Be sure to cover medication, advocacy, current condition and medical history.
- Keep a pen and paper handy when you speak to medical professionals. Ask questions and take notes to share with your loved one. Don't hesitate to ask them to re-explain a concept or to write something down. Notes of most patient visits are available through the patient's MyChart online account.
- If your loved one needs something or feels uncomfortable, please bring it to the attention of the care team.
- As you and your patient prepare to leave the hospital, please take time to review and understand all instructions.
- Adhere to all patient confidentiality and medical privacy policies.
No Latex Balloons
Latex balloons are not allowed at Renown Children's Hospital, because many children have allergies to latex. Mylar balloons are allowed, and are available in our gift shops. Choose from three gifts shops, each offering a variety of children's gift items, toys and cards.
Visit the Patient and Guest Services page for information on the many retail services offered such as food and dining, gift shops, the Inn at Renown, pharmacy and banking options.
Additional General Visitor Guidelines
- Please plan visits with young children with your nurse.
- Visitors with colds, coughs or other contagious illnesses are asked to remain at home until they are well.
- Children or adults who have been exposed to contagious diseases such as chickenpox must talk to the patient's nurse before visiting.
- Renown Health reserves the right to limit visitors in the best interests of patients, families, visitors or staff.
- Renown Regional Medical Center is smoke- and tobacco-free. For people who choose to smoke or use tobacco, they will need to leave Renown property to do so.