What is the Healthy Nevada Project?
March 18, 2022
The Healthy Nevada Project (HNP) is one of the most visible genomic studies in the United States, and guess what? Renown Health powers it! The Healthy Nevada Project (HNP) aligns with Renown's goal to do the best for our patients. The genomic study is at no-cost for Nevadans and gives participants insight into different genetic traits, including results on three prevalent and serious health conditions known as CDC Tier 1 conditions.
CDC Tier 1 Conditions Include:
- Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer Syndrome (HBOC)
- Lynch Syndrome
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH)
Not only does HNP give participants insights into their genetic background, but it also facilitates Renown's ability to study population health.
Research lays the foundation for the future of medicine, and Renown's HNP is on the cutting edge of genetic research. We do this by providing skilled researchers access to studies for the diseases that currently have limited treatment, including nonalcoholic steatohepatitis liver disease or NASH. For example, the observational NASH study helps researchers understand genetic links to the disease.
Make an Appointment to Get Screened
If you haven't already, join the over 55,000 HNP participants and make an appointment to have yourself screened. You can schedule a screening appointment through MyChart. Click “Schedule an Appointment" and select Research Appointment - Genetic Screening. Prior to your appointment, please complete e-Check-in and complete your consent form.
Also Encourage Your Friends, Family & Loved Ones to Participate
The Healthy Nevada Project enables us to do more for our community. You can help your friends, family and loved ones uncover important health information by encouraging them to participate in the study. Here are some sample talking point to get the conversation started.
- The Healthy Nevada Project helps screen Nevadans for genetic conditions that can lead to certain cancers and heart disease risks that are often missed in routine health appointments.
- The Healthy Nevada Project is a no-cost genetic study powered by Renown Health dedicated to giving participants insights into their genetic background by screening for genetic risks related to hereditary breast and ovarian cancer syndrome (HBOC), lynch syndrome and familial hypercholesterolemia (FH). Nevadans can easily schedule an appointment to get screened using MyChart.
- Have you ever participated in a genetic screening? Did you know Renown Health offers screenings at no-cost for Nevadans through the Healthy Nevada Project? Get screened and learn your risks by ordering an at-home test kit or scheduling a screening appointment on MyChart.
Are you looking for more resources about HNP? Click here for more information.
On March 19, 2020, Renown Regional admitted the first patient in need of care while sick with COVID-19. Our providers navigated two years of a pandemic and overcame many challenges while providing the best care for our patients and the comm
Renown Health recently wrapped up the twentieth annual Nursing Excellence and Excellence in Critical Care Conferences, the conference theme was the Courageous Calling and over 400 nurses from specialty fields across the region attended to l