Senior Leadership Embraces LGBTQ Patient-Centered Care
We are proud that the senior leader in each of the following areas have completed “LGBTQ Patient-Centered Care: An Executive Briefing” training an introduction to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ) identities and understands diversity as a health issue, discrimination—specifically in healthcare, social issues, and strategies for delivering accessible and affirming healthcare. In addition, this series discusses policy and accreditation changes related to serving LGBTQ patients and identifies ways to assist health care facilities in creating inclusive environments for LGBTQ patients. This training is provided through the Human Rights Campaign Foundation through The Center for Affiliated Learning (The CAL). This includes the highest-ranking staff members at Renown Health.
- Organization leadership- CEO, COO, medical director, vice president, counsel, or similar “C-suite” leader)
- Nursing management
- Patient relations/services management
- Admitting/registration management
- Human resources management
In addition, all physicians, medical providers and employees have free HEI training options available through the National LGBTQIA+ Health Education Center AND The CAL. In addition, 100% of Renown team members receive training in LGBTQ Patient-Centered Care on an annual basis.
Specific Services for LGBTQ patients include:
- Routine HIV/STD/STI testing and counseling, more information is found here.
- Provision of PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) for patients at risk for HIV
- Provision of PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) for patients at risk for HIV
- HIV care and services, More information is found here.