- If you are an established patient with Dr. David J. Howard, you have the option of continuing your care with him at his new practice Northern Nevada Endocrinology at 775-322-4550; or you may establish care with a Renown endocrinology provider or another endocrinologist in our community. Please contact your primary care provider for a referral to a new endocrinologist, and be sure that new provider is in-network with your insurance company.
- If you are an established patient of Nurse Practitioners Tiffany Yohey or Christine Burns, are providing endocrinology care in Carson City, please contact them at 775-322-4550. We are pleased to help you establish care with a new provider in our community. Please contactn your primary care provider for a referral to a new endocrinologist, and be sure that new provider is in-network with your insurance company.
- If you are an established patient with an urgent issue or needing a medication refill, please contact your primary care provider’s office. If you do not have a primary care provider, Renown is glad to assist you in selecting a Renown Medical Group provider who can assist with providing clinical information and if needed, a medication refill.
- With a referral from your primary care provider, Renown offers a Medication Management program to assist patients in monitoring their medications. Our highly trained clinical pharmacists can help maintain your overall health. They work directly with patients and their doctors to:
- Develop a personalized medication plan
- Reduce side effects and drug interactions
- Manage your prescription and provide education and training.
What to do in an emergency
A diabetic emergency happens when symptoms relating to diabetes overwhelm the body. At this point, home treatment is unlikely to help, and delaying medical care could cause permanent damage or death.
Some of the signs that can indicate a serious problem include:
- chest pain that radiates down the arm
- difficulty breathing
- a fever
- a severe headache and weakness in one side of the body
- loss of consciousness
If there are signs of an emergency, the person should go to the nearest emergency room, or they or someone with them should call 911m immediately. Without rapid help, some diabetic emergencies can be life-threatening.
If this is not an emergency, and you are in need of medical attention, Renown Urgent Care is available for medical assistance, 7 days a week at 11 locations across northern Nevada providing treatment for a wide range of minor injuries, illnesses and medical concerns that are urgent but not life-threatening. If you require same-day medical attention, you can avoid the long wait times and high prices of the emergency room at 13 convenient sites, including Reno, Sparks, Carson City, USA Parkway, Fallon and Fernley. You can walk-in or book ahead online .