Cauliflower Rice as a Healthy Side Dish
January 19, 2022
Finding the perfect cauliflower rice side dish can be challenging. Let's face it, not too many of us love the taste of cauliflower. However, this low-carb side dish is perfectly paired with chicken, rounding out a healthy meal. This recipe can also go well as a base to build a healthy and balanced protein bowl.
Cauliflower Rice How-to Guide
You can buy frozen riced cauliflower at just about any store, making it easy to throw into your recipes. However, if you want to make cauliflower rice yourself, here are some helpful tips to get you started.
Registered dietitian Caitlin Bus hopes you'll give cauliflower rice a try as an alternative to traditional rice, allowing you to add more servings of vegetables into your diet!
- Course: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Servings 4
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 12 minutes
- Passive Time 0 minutes
- 10 ounce bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic (1 tsp minced)
- 8 ounce container mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons Salt Free All Purpose Seasoning blend (such as Spike No Salt, DASH Original, or Kirkland No Salt Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Heat olive oil or lightly mist sauté pan with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook until just soft; about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, riced cauliflower and all-purpose seasoning, and sauté until cooked; about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the Coconut Aminos over vegetable mixture. Stir until cauliflower rice has absorbed the Coconut Aminos.
- Sprinkle with Nutritional Yeast and stir until well combined.
- Top mixture with spinach, stir and cook until wilted.
Recipe NoteNutrition Facts per serving
Saturated fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrates: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 5g
Recipe adapted from Stylish Cravings