MyChart Proxy Access
November 03, 2021
What is Proxy Access?
Proxy access allows parents, legal guardians and caregivers to log into their personal MyChart account and connect to the health information of a patient they represent. As a proxy, you can view upcoming appointments, request appointments, view lab results, email a doctor on the patient’s behalf, view medications, request prescription refills and view health reminders.
How Do I Establish Proxy Access?
- Login to your MyChart account with your username and password
- Go to the Profile menu at the top of the screen, then select Personalize
- From this screen you can see whose records you currently have access to
- Click Request Access to a minor’s chart
- Complete all of the fields
- When finished click Submit Request
What if I Don’t Have a Renown MyChart Account?
If you don’t have a Renown MyChart account, call 775-982-2781 and someone from the Renown Health MyChart team can help you set up proxy access.
Keep in mind, the ability to request proxy access is only available on the MyChart website and not via the mobile app. However, the website can be accessed with your smartphone or tablet by using the web browser and going to mychart.renown.org.