Healthy Heart ProgramThis is a medically supervised, Pritikin-certified, intensive cardiac rehabilitation (ICR) program for those with heart disease. Our expert team creates tailored plans, providing the support heart patients need to make lasting lifestyle changes.
- A healthy eating plan: a registered dietitian gives insight on healthy eating during cooking classes and educational talks.
- Safe, effective exercise: technicians safely monitor cardiovascular conditioning, strength training and flexibility.
- A healthy mindset: learn skills for managing stress and achieving mental and emotional well-being.
This comprehensive approach allows us to address the underlying lifestyle factors leading to heart attacks and heart disease. Studies show for those completing the program and following its recommendations, they reduce their chance of a future heart event by 50 percent or more.
How to EnrollYour doctor will refer you to the Healthy Heart Program. You are a candidate if you have experienced any of the following:
- Heart attack
- Bypass surgery
- Stent procedure
- Chest pain
- Cardiac transplant
- Valve surgery
About the Program
- It spans 12 weeks and 36 visits
- An individualized plan is created based on a patient's overall health, fitness level and diet
- Visits are divided into two sessions; one focusing on exercise and the other on education
- Because many cardiac event survivors also suffer from depression, mental health is taken into account as well
Patient Success Stories
February is American Heart Month, but our incredible heart heroes are here to serve you all year long. So please join us in honoring the Cardiac Cath Lab team at Renown Health!
At the core of who we all are, we find the heart: one of the lar
In February, we think about hearts not just in honor of Valentine’s Day but because it is American Heart Association Month. This is a great reminder to focus on our personal cardiovascular health. Renown Health helps patients think ab
Your heart is the muscle in charge of pumping blood to your entire body. This vital organ is made up of chambers, valves and blood vessels. Your heart valves work similarly to a one-way door: they open and close, controlling blood flow in t
Classes & Events