During cardiac cath, one or more thing flexible tubes (catheter) are passed through a blood vessel in the groin, wrist orneck, depending on the reason for the procedure, and guided to the heart. At Renown Health, our team of experts specialize in the following procedures:
- Coronary angiogram – This procedure uses X-ray imaging to see your heart’s blood vessels. checking for blockages in the arteries leading to the heart
- Cardiac ablation – In this procedure, a doctor uses heat or cold energy to create tiny scars in your heart to block abnormal electrical signals and restore a normal heartbeat.
- Right heart catheterization – This procedure checks the pressure and blood flow in the right side of the heart.
- Balloon angioplasty – This procedure is used to open a narrowed artery in or near the heart.
- Heart biopsy – In this procedure the doctor is taking a sample of heart tissue.
- Repair of congenital heart defects – Procedure to close a hole in the heart, such as an atrial septal defect or patent foramen ovale.
- Balloon valvuloplasty – this procedure widens a narrowed heart valve.
- Heart Valve replacement – Used to replace a narrowed heart valve.
Did you know certain medications can interact with everyday food and drink? We asked VP of Pharmacy Services Adam Porath how to take these important medications safely. One in five Americans between the ages of 40 and 75 are currently...
Heart disease continues to be the leading cause of death in America and doctors face many challenges treating this and associated heart and vascular conditions. Renown is hosting a three-day conference to discuss the latest in cardiac...
Heart failure is a serious medical condition that occurs when the heart is unable to pump blood effectively, leading to a variety of symptoms and potential complications. Although there has been progress made in the treatment of many forms...