Get on the Beat: Trends in Heart Care
September 25, 2023
Heart disease continues to be the leading cause of death in America and doctors face many challenges treating this and associated heart and vascular conditions. Renown is hosting a three-day conference to discuss the latest in cardiac care.
Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine
Doctors and healthcare providers across the region are gathering for the 33rd Annual Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine Conference Nov. 3rd – 5th at the Everline Resort & Spa in Olympic Valley, California, hosted by Renown Institute for Heart & Vascular Health and the Nevada Academy of Family Physicians.
The three-day conference educates primary care providers, nurses and all other physicians and healthcare personnel interested in the most recent advances and current established guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, stroke and diseases or problems associated with heart disease.
It is also a chance for medical providers to ask first-hand questions on a variety of trending topics ranging from the practical evaluation and management of obesity to interpreting echocardiograms in primary care.
The conference objectives include:
- Identifying clinical clues suggesting a diagnosis of cardiac amyloidosis.
- Gaining a better understanding why the differential diagnosis and patient history is key to evaluating patients with syncope.
- Assessing the accuracy and effectiveness of various tests and tools used in atrial fibrillation screening.
- Determining the appropriate diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension.
- Describing the evolving lipid management landscape.