Get on the Beat: Trends in Heart Care
October 05, 2022
Heart disease continues to be the leading cause of death in America and doctors face many challenges treating this and associated heart and vascular conditions. Renown is hosting a three-day conference to discuss the latest in cardiac care.
Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine
Doctors and healthcare providers across the region are gathering for the 32nd Annual Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine Conference Nov. 4th – 6th at the Resort at Squaw Creek in Olympic Valley, California, hosted by Renown Institute for Heart & Vascular Health and the Nevada Academy of Family Physicians.
The three-day conference educates primary care providers, nurses and all other physicians and healthcare personnel interested in the most recent advances and current established guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, stroke and diseases or problems associated with heart disease.
It is also a chance for medical providers to ask first-hand questions on a variety of trending topics ranging from the fentanyl crisis to medical clearance after COVID-19.
The conference objectives include:
- Identifying factors that influence poor adherence to medicine and modifications in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Gaining awareness of the misconceptions and facts about the fentanyl crisis in the U.S.
- Recognizing the approach to optimizing outpatient medical therapies for the heart failure patient.
- Learning the significance of Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) and indications for referral.
- Developing a comprehensive approach for female patients at risk of developing Atrial Fibrillation.
- Reviewing current guidance for medical clearance after COVID-19.
- Assessing the impact of bariatric surgery on cardiovascular risk.