In response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Renown Health is prepared with new processes and procedures to ensure safety and convenience for your healthcare needs. If you haven’t been able to come in and see us, welcome back!
What To Expect When You Come In For Care
FACE MASKS FOR EVERYONE.
- All people entering Renown sites must bring and wear a face mask.
- All care team members wear masks and other necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times when caring for patients.
PROTECTING PATIENTS AND EMPLOYEES.
- If a care provider or employee has a fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other signs of respiratory illness, they will not be on a Renown campus.
- Patients with respiratory illnesses are located in separate areas of our hospitals.
KEEPING A SAFE DISTANCE.
- Six-foot social distances have been established in all public areas such as waiting rooms, elevators and cafeterias.
- When you come in for an appointment, you may be asked to wait in your car to prevent time spent in waiting rooms.
YOUR SUPPORT, YOUR CHOICE.
- Renown hospitals and medical practices allow patients to designate two healthy adult patient supporters that may accompany them - one at a time - to their medical visit or hospital stay. All patients, including those with COVID-19, may designate two patient supporters.
- For those visiting a loved one who is in an isolation area, our team will assist you with putting on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This PPE reduces your risk of exposure to infectious disease, but does not guarantee protection. Please follow any directions provided by our care teams to help ensure the health and safety of everyone.
- Patients may designate anyone they choose to be their patient supporters.
- All employees and patients are screened for respiratory symptoms.
- You may be pre-screened by phone before your appointment and asked questions prior to entry.
- When you enter our emergency rooms and hospitals, you will have your temperature taken with an infrared thermometer that scans your forehead. With clearance, you will be provided a color-coded wristband or an identification badge.
ENHANCED CLEANING AND DISINFECTING.
- 168 members of our Environmental Services team perform extensive disinfecting measures throughout the day.
- Extra cleaning and disinfection to all high-touch, public surfaces.
- Four germ-zapping robots eliminate contagious superbugs in operating rooms and certain patient rooms.
- A new electrostatic cleaning system is used to clean our emergency rooms, employee dressing rooms and break areas, X-ray machines and more.
- Hand sanitizer is available to everyone entering a Renown location.