Coconut Flour Banana Muffins
October 10, 2022
We are all guilty of saving our bananas as they quickly turn from ripe to overripe. "I am going to make banana bread," we tell ourselves. Well, this is your sign to take those bananas and turn them into something delicious and healthy!
Not to mention, this is a great recipe for anyone on the go looking for an easy-to-grab breakfast or a nutritious snack to send in your child's lunchbox.
The coconut flour in this tasty fall recipe is not only gluten-free and grain-free but also packed with potassium, iron and plant-based protein—making it the perfect addition for those following a keto or low-carb lifestyle.
- Course: Breakfast, Kid-Friendly, Healthy Snacks
- Cuisine: American
- Servings 12
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Cook Time 24 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: chopped walnuts, pecans, pepitas or dried berries of your choice
- 4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cube unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup oat milk – pour in incrementally for smoothness
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cups. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with hand mixer until smooth. Add eggs and mix well until smooth.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup and blend again to make sure all is combined.
- Add coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla powder, and salt. Mix until evenly combined.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin liners. Top with chopped nuts or seeds if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins from the pan to avoid sweating.
- If frosting muffins, let them cool completely before frosting.
Healthy Summer Desserts
The saying "you can’t have your cake and eat it too” is put to the test with these refreshing summer dessert recipes. While many sweet treats feature high sugar and calorie counts, these mouthwatering options use ingredient substitutes to s...
Mysterious Mummy Hot DogsThis easy, kid-friendly recipe just might be the perfect pre-trick-or-treating meal that will vanish before your eyes! Serve with veggie sticks and mustard and ketchup for dipping. Several healthy hot dog options, such as vegan, turkey and ...Read More